Sunday, February 26, 2012

Field Guide - Week 3 - Paint on my fingers

May Flaum over at Big Picture Classes is running a class called Curious Scrapbookers Field Guide. This is an anything goes class - not just scrapbooking.  Each week we get a new technique, tool, you name it - to challenge us to try something new.  This week - Acrylic Paint.  I cannot remember the last time I dug those paints out.  Imagine my surprise when they were all in great shape.  I tried something different this week - inspired by a project I saw on May's site.  I found a stretched canvas box in my 'stash', and got started.

I base coated the canvas with Claudine Helmuth, Traditional Tan paint.  I now know why Hels uses this all the time.  Such a great color!  I cut Tim Holtz Heart Wings out of swirls embossed grunge board.  I painted the wings and crown with an adirondak gold dabber.  The heart was spritzed with Polka Dot Pink Chalkboard Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (isn't that a dreamy color!)  The edges of the canvas were painted with butterscotch and lettuce adirondak shimmery acrylic paints.  I used White liquid pearls to do the canvas (Wouldn't do that again....ugh).  I also highlighted wings with Rock Candy Stickles.  We were encouraged to use glitter - but omg...the mess that makes.  Distress Stickles are really the all time best glittery item on the market - just go get them :-)

I am having a blast getting back into my craft room and 'creating!'.  I hope you are having fun too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving this class too! It's really surprising how long the paints last. I've had some in tubes that are literally 15 years old and still going strong. Thanks for sharing your details.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts