Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2nd Tag - Leaping Reindeer

Day 2 provided a few challenges.  I didn't have a few of the items, but was able to improvise.  I really liked the way the Picket Fence Distress Stain muted the kraft resist paper and created a perfect background for the reindeer as he flies through the skies.  I didn't have the die cut, but was able to use a mask I had leftover from an old grunge board seasons set of cutouts to trace the reindeer.  I found some fabulous tinsel made by Webster Pages. I tried dying it green with alcohol inks, but it didn't work quite as well as I had hoped.  I must admit - this is really fun.  I haven't participated in the challenges the last few months due to other commitments and it is really fun using some of the items that have been sorely neglected in my collection of Tim Holtz/Ranger Products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts