Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fourth Tag - Frosty the Snowman

Day 4 was my favorite so far.  The colors, the techniques,  all very fun.  There are so many layers of color and texture, you have to really look closely.  You start by painting the grunge board white.  After cutting out the snowflake and snowman (I used some pieces from the old holiday grungeboard cutout packs), you paint them with rock candy crackle paint - real thick so it gets great crackles in it.  After the pieces dry - i used two different colors of  distress stains (weathered wood and tumbled glass) to get that gorgeous blue color.  The tag was created using the same blue stains along with the new white picket fence distress stain.  Don't you just love that color!  I also stamped some snowflakes on the tag, and attached an 'on the side' snowflake border I cut out of old packaging materials.  I had not tried using the movers and shapers to cut out a design in a die cut yet - so that was fun to play with.  I really like the way it turned out.  It is backed with old music paper from my piano books, and topped with glossy accents to make it shine.  This tag reminds me of a cold winter day in Minnesota!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts