Tuesday, December 8, 2015

12 Tags of Christmas - Week 4

Nothing says Christmas like red and green plaid.  How many of those dresses did you have growing up?  Linda, over at Funkie Junkie Blog is sponsoring the 12 Tags of Christmas 2015, and outdid herself this week with her inspirational tag.  I could not wait to get out my stencil and get that plaid going on my own card.


I used the Tim Holtz Stripe stencil as a 'stamp' to make my plaid.  I first inked it up with Barn Door Distress ink, spritzed with some water, and laid it down on my manila cardstock.  I did the same with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink.  I love the vintage look of the colors and the way the stencil didn't stamp it 'perfect'.  It's hard to see, but I used pewter distress stain spray with the Tim Holtz Holly stencil in the background for some shimmer.  The greens are from TH Holiday Greens dies, colored with Mowed Lawn Distress ink and Picket Fence Distress Stickles.  The flowers are from my favorite source - Wild Orchid Crafts.  The beautiful lace ribbon comes from Really Reasonable ribbon.  

Be sure to check out the Funkie Junkie Boutique, who is sponsoring this challenge.  They have amazing prices, and selection of products.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your plaid turned out fabulous! I can't wait to try this technique out again! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic plaid background, and love your dimensional floral piece! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts