Tuesday, December 8, 2015

12 Tags of Christmas 2015 - Week 8

Can you believe it's week 8?  I can almost believe I'll catch up :-)  If you don't know by now what I'm talking about - check out the Funkie Junkie Blog for details.  This weeks tag contained many elements I did not have - but I think my improvising worked.  My inspiration from Linda's tag was the 'Believe' license plate.  For me,  Believe is more a part of my faith during this time of year.  We are waiting with anticipation through Advent for the birth of our Savior.  


I loved the Wendy Vecchi style of this weeks tag.  I again pulled out several things in my collection that had been completely neglected over the years.  Sometimes I think that's the problem with seasonal items.  They look great, you buy them, but then the season is over and you (okay, ME) forget about them.  This is my first year with Linda's challenge, and I am loving getting out all my stuff and rummaging through for fun items that were long forgotten.

I started with manila cardstock colored with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.  I did a little spritz and flick as well as adding some holly stenciling with Pine Needle DI.  The paper banners were scraps in my box.  The bells were cut from TH mini bells.  I pulled out my Believe license plate stamp by Wendy Vecchi to use as the greeting.  Pretty simple this week, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

Be sure to stop by the Funkie Junkie Boutique to see all they have in stock this holiday season.  They are sponsoring this challenge, and giving away some very fun prizes to folks who enter each week.

2 comments:

  1. Very clever use of that license plate, and so effective here! I'm with you on the stash bit - that is also what I like about these kinds of challenges - it's almost like shopping all over again, lol! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, very pretty! I love the bells. I never got around to using that die set this year and it's a great one. Love the License Plate Art Belive stamp too. I was tickled that it worked out so well for this one. Great take on my tag, Jane!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts