Sunday, November 27, 2011

Grungy Monday 28 - It's good to be back!

Life does have a way of getting away from us doesn't it?  I cannot believe how long it has been since I made it a priority to create art!  Linda over at Studio L3 challenges us each week to try a new technique by the King of all things wonderful - Tim Holtz.  This week the challenge was too wonderful to not join in.  We get to play with my favorite Ranger product of all times - Alcohol Inks!  In fact,  I had such fun,  I have 2 entries this week.

Alcohol Inks Challenge

I have a good friend having a birthday next month, so this gave me time to play and see what I could come up with.  For the first card, I used the adhesive foil sheets by Ranger.  I ran it through the Vagabond using a Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder.  Then the fun - I used my 3 favorite Alcohol Inks - Lettuce, Wild Plum, and Stream.  I rubbed a  black ink pad over the top to highlight the embossing.   The flower was from a Rubber baby buggy bumpers kit I received many years ago, and I loved the way it brought out the turquoise coloring.  I matched it with a banner cut from one of Tim Holtz dies from last year.  The paper was misted with Patina, Denim, and Biscotti Perfect Pearls, to match the flower.  

The snowman card  was a little different;  I started with navy blue metal, that I de-embossed with the sizzix snowflack folder.  Then - I tried a technique that Tammy , a friend of Tim Holtz's posted a few days ago.  I covered the entire piece with Rock Candy Crackle paint, then scraped it off.  The crackle stayed 'in' the snowflakes making them sparkle.  Pretty darn cool - check out her tutorial.  Then I covered the whole thing with every color of blue AI I had along with snowcap to mute the colors a bit.  I used 2 colors of blue distress stains along with picket fence on grunge board to create the snowman.    The snowflakes are made from the new glassine paper, spritzed with patina and biscotti perfect pearls.  I added another banner, and a fun little ticket to top it all off.

I hope you enjoy my card,  and I can't wait to see what everyone else has posted this week.  Be sure to check them all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts