Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April Tag - Spring flowers

I love, love, love making flowers.  Tim has given us a great tutorial and example on his 12 Tags of 2014 blog this month.    I played along again this month, and stayed very close to his design.

Here is my entry:


I just picked up the new Wallflowers paper, and couldn't wait to use it on a new project.  I started with that as my background.  It had beautiful yellow and red roses on it - but they got covered up with the fun tape and wild straw and peeled paint distress paint washed over the top.  I used the honeycomb die to cut both the frame and individual pieces to fit into the honeycomb.  This is my first time using the mirrored specialty paper, and wow, it is amazing!    Tim's tutorial on how to use his fabulous tattered pinecone die to make flowers is perfect and very detailed.  I used some leftover wallflower paper that I died using fired brick and spiced marmalade distress inks.  I used the same inks to color the beautiful crinkle ribbon that I wrapped around the card.  I finished the card off with a happy birthday stamp from one of Tim's collections.

Enjoy.

Supply list:
Tim Holtz:  Honeycomb Die, Stamps, Distress Paint:  Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Distress Ink: Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Ribbon, Wallflower Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts