Sunday, March 30, 2014

OMG - It's April next week

Why is it that I cannot seem to get my tag done until the very last minute.... I thought being retired this would be a piece of cake.  I guess I'm spending too much time outdoors :-)

Tim Holtz March Tag of 2014 challenged us to use a 'smudge' technique.  It really makes a nice soft look to the stamped image.  Check out his blog here:  Tim's Blog.  He gives you all the instructions.

Here are my tag entries for March:


The first tag is the primary stamping/smudging, the 2nd tag was the 2nd stamping with the same stamp, not re-inked, but 'huffed' on to get the most out of the ink.  I used an old spritzer I had from many years ago - but looks amazingly similar to the one Ranger just released.  I spritzed over Tim's Ruler Stencil.  I followed Tim's process for the tag very closely - inking and splashing some water droplets on the tag.   All in all - it was a fun process.  

Supplies:  
Tim Holtz Ruler Stencil
Tim Holtz Ideology - Word Bands
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher (Stapler)
Tim Holtz Jute String
Tim Holtz Distress Inks:  Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint, Pumice Stone, Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap, Wild Honey, Dried Marigold
Tim Holtz Distress Stains: Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint (used on seam binding ribbon)
Stamps:  Tim Holtz Fairytale Frenzy, Urban Chic, Spring Sprung

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts