Friday, January 31, 2014

Back in the Saddle again....Tim Holtz January Tag

Wow - such a long time since I have been 'creative'!  It is tough getting back in the groove.  I love that Tim is still doing his Tag of the Month to get me motivated.    We were to use embossing folders, stencils, inks, stains, to create our project.

I had Tim Holtz Framed Silhouettes gathering dust on my desk and decided it was time to dust it off.

I started with the base of Weathered Wood Stain, and stenciled the hexagon shapes on top with more weathered wood Distress ink.  I absolutely LOVE the new stencils.  I know,  stencils have been around a long time, but somehow those folks at Ranger know how to make them seem new and fun again!  I cut out the frame and silhouette from grunge paper using my Vagabond.  I embossed the frame, and inked up to grunge it up a bit.  I used a Remnant Rub word for Journey, and stamped and attached a tag/saying.  The new linen ribbon and word band adorn the top.  If you haven't played with the linen ribbon - give it a try.  It has a very loose weave, so you can stretch it open to make it wider and a gorgeous look (didn't do that here tho :-)

I procrastinated doing this all month...but glad I worked through it this week to get it uploaded just before the deadline.  I hope you enjoy my project...

Happy New Year all!

Supply List:
Sizzix Tim Holtz Framed Silhouettes stamp and framelit set
Sizzix Tim Holtz Gears Texture Fade
Tim Holtz Ideology: Words Remnant Rubs, Word Bands, Tickets, Gears
Weathered Wood Distress Ink
Weathered Wood Distress Stain
Black Soot Distress Ink
Black Soot Distress Glitter

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I don't see any rust visible, you slid right back in where you left off.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts