Wednesday, April 27, 2011

3-D fun - Grungy Monday 5

Oh how fun this was. Reminded me of the shaker cards I made when I first started stamping. It was all I could do to leave off the acrylic cover and rummage for that confetti I used to collect! The amazing Tim Holtz, Duke of Distress has a very fun technique to use foam core board to create a fun niche and 'put' something in it. I stored the word Giggle, one of my favorite stamps of his in the niche. I used a wee bit of paper from the crowded attic stash, added some worn lipstick, picket fence, and rusty hinge DI, and trimmed it with the fabulous pearls from Reflections. If you have no idea what I'm talking about - check out the amazing Linda at Studio L3 who is challenging each and every Grungy Monday with a different Tim Holtz Technique

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece. Love it.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Jane, and yes, it is a bit like those shaker cards come to think of it!

    Thanks for your lovely comment on mine too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, I love those shaker cards from way back when. You did a fantastic job on this and I definitely get that old time feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's brilliant, love it! I agree, a very fun technique! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great niche you created. This is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous, lovin' it
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous piece, love how you placed the word in the niche.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you have used the niche for the word!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you made this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had fun - great when a plan comes together - love the giggle on that background!

    sarah at 54

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am giggling now at all of us remembering shaker cards! I now have a real urge to make one!!! Thank you for the lovely idea and this really great make!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jane, The thought of shaker cards makes me giggle. Thanks for all the lovely comments you've left on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts