Saturday, June 26, 2010

Fragment Basics Challenge

This is week 2 of the Compendium of Curiosities challenge being hosted by Linda at Studio L3. Our challenge this week was to use Tim Holtz Fragments. I've got to tell you. It is such fun getting to use the 'collection'. If you're anything like me, you love everything Tim Holtz, have most of it, and use almost none of it. Okay - Maybe you're not like me... :-) I never really knew what to do with fragments. So I did a combination of techniques. I used Mustard Seed and walnut stain to color the background paper. For the main fragment - I used a technique where I put clear packing tape over a piece of Tim Holtz Disressables measuring tape paper. You soak the tape in water for about 5 minutes and it makes the tape into a transparency of the paper after you rub the excess paper off the back. Then I glued that to a stamped image, and then glued the fragment on top of that. For Dream, I simply glued letters to the back of different sized fragments.

2 comments:

  1. Jane, what a brilliant idea to make a transparency out of the tissue tape! Your card is gorgeous and inviting, and truly a work of art! I'm so happy you came back for the second challenge, and very much hope to see more of your work in Week 3.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..I never thought of using the tape to make a transparency! Great idea...love your card! Ok..I'll admit to being a collector of all things TH too. I'm glad to finally start using some of the things like fragments myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts